Employment Opportunity - Chik-Wauk Nature Center Program Director
Friday, November 06 - Friday, January 15
12:00pm - 12:00am
Do you enjoy sharing your knowledge and experiences of natural science with individuals of all ages?
The Gunflint Trail Historical Society is looking for an energetic individual to join the staff at Chik-Wauk Museum and Nature Center to serve as the Nature Center Program Director.
The Nature Center Program Director is an hourly paid position. Wage is based on a 40-hour work week during the season (Memorial weekend through Labor Day including weekends).
Pay range is $15.00-$18.00 per hour depending on education and experience.
- Utilizing existing Nature Center activities, analyzing the success of each activity
- Developing and implementing new naturalist programs and educational activities for all ages
- Directly interacting with Nature Center visitors, setting up and explaining activities both outdoors and indoors
- Training and oversight of Nature Center volunteers
- Collecting admission fees and providing information to visitors
- Daily cleaning of the Nature Center interior, including floors and surfaces
- Answering general questions about the Gunflint Trail region
- Assisting with special events
- Planning and scheduling public programming
- Working with the campus director to promote and market naturalist activities
- Experienced with a variety of social media
- Performing other duties as assigned
This position requires flexibility, self-direction, creative thinking, and an enjoyment of working with the general public.
A successful candidate
- Is an independent and organized worker
- Possesses knowledge and experience in natural sciences and environmental education
- Has strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Is experienced in cashiering, and training and managing volunteers and staff
Candidates with historical familiarity of the Gunflint Trail and an appreciation and knowledge of Northwoods biology and ecology will be given priority in selection process.
The Gunflint Trail Historical Society is a 501 © 3 non-profit organization. Chik-Wauk Museum and Nature Center is a partnership of the Gunflint Trail Historical Society and Superior National Forest, Gunflint Ranger District.
Deadline for applications January 15, 2021.
Application and full job description: www.gunflinttrailhistoricalsociety.org.
For more information: Contact the Gunflint Trail Historical Society at email@example.com.
Chik-Wauk Museum and Nature Center
28 Moose Pond Drive
Grand Marais, MN 55604
Chik-Wauk Museum & Nature Center is located 54 miles from the nearest town of Grand Marais, MN on the Gunflint Trail
Go to Calendar
Upcoming Events and Programs
No upcoming events
check back soon!
check back soon!